Category:Defense & security
National defense has been one of the largest sources of funding for developments in electrical engineering. Included in this category are topics related to the defense industry, including specific conflicts like World Wars I and II.
- Battles - particular engagements in a larger conflict
- Border security - the protection of national borders against intrusion
- Cold War - the global conflict between capitalist and communist systems that took place from 1946 to the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991
- Detente - French for "relaxation," the easing of strained international relations, especially between the United States and the Soviet Union in the 1970s
- Deterrence - efforts made to prevent or deter the use of force by another power
- Escalation - increasing the scale, scope, or severity of a conflict
- Korean War - the war between North and South Korea, with the involvement of the United States, China, and other countries, that began in 1950 and ended with a cease-fire in 1953
- Revolutions - the overthrowing of one form of government to institute another
- World War I - the European conflict that lasted from 1914 to 1918 and resulted in the Treaty of Versailles
- World War II - the global ware Germany, Italy, and Japan versus the Allied powers, including Great Britain, the Soviet Union, and the United States that lasted from 1939 to 1945.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
Pages in category "Defense & security"
The following 330 pages are in this category, out of 330 total.
Media in category "Defense & security"
The following 15 files are in this category, out of 15 total.
- 110 mc radar 1219.jpg
- 110 mc radar 1221.jpg
- 240 mc radar 1218.jpg
- 3858-ames convoy.jpg
- Airborne laser labor...
- Artists Army laser t...
- Artists Army Laser T...
- Colossus 0491.jpg
- Defense and Security...
- F-4D airplane w elec...
- Project Diana Equip ...
- Project Diana Staff ...
- Scr 268 1217.jpg
- SCR-268 0492.jpg
- Scr-268 front 1216.jpg