Revision as of 14:03, 14 February 2013 by Administrator1
Metals tend to be excellent conductors of electricity and are an invaluable component of electrical engineering
- Alkali metals - the metals that compose the group 1 elements in the periodic table
- Alkaline earth metals - the metals that compose the group 2 elements of the periodic table
- Alloys - the mixture or solid solution of two or more elements
- Aluminum - a silvery white metal of the boron group of elements, with the symbol Ai and the atomic number 13
- Bismuth - a chemical element with the symbol Bi and the atomic number 83, used in cosmetics, pigments and other products
- Digital alloys - alloys created for use in semiconductors and nanotechnology
- Gallium - a chemical with the symbol Ga and the atomic number 31, is used as a marker of inflammation and disease among other uses
- Indium - a chemical element with the symbol In and the atomic number 49, most often used to compose transparent electrodes in liquid crystal displays and touchscreens
- Lanthanides - a series of fifteen metallic elements with the atomic numbers 57 through 71, along with scandium and yttrium, they are known as rare earth elements
- Lead - an element in the carbon group with the symbol Pb and the atomic number 82, the highest number of all the stable elements
- Metal foam - a cellular structure consisting of a solid metal, often aluminum, with a large number of gas-filled pores
- Metallization - the coating of metal on non-metallic objects
- Metalloids - elements that cannot be easily classified as a metal or nonmetal, including semiconductors such as silicon
- Tin - a chemical element with the symbol Sn and the atomic number 50, not easily oxidized in air and so used to coat other materials
- Transition metals - an element whose atom has an incomplete d sub-shell, or, commonly, any element in the d-block of the periodic table
This category has the following 17 subcategories, out of 17 total.
Pages in category "Metals"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.