Help:Rich Editor Formatting
This is a help page in the Writing section.
The GHN uses two separate editors, the Rich Editor, which provides for a What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) interface similar to Microsoft Word, and Wikitext, a markup language which is similar to HTML. Both have different processes for formatting. This article relates to the Rich Editor. For information on the Wikitext markup, please see the Wikitext Formatting help page. To learn how switch between the two, see the Rich Editor vs Wikitext help page.
WYSIWYG Help Topics
- QUICK FORMATTING GUIDE - See a glance of the WYSIWYG editor
- PREVIEWING AND SAVING YOUR WORK - Saving your work is extremely important
- HEADINGS - Add headings to your article which can automatically form a table of contents
- PHOTOS - Add images to enhance your article
- VIDEOS - Add videos to enhance your article
- SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS - Add supporting documents such as .pdfs or .ppts to enhance your article
- CREATING LINKS - Link to other pages within or outside of the GHN
- CATEGORIZATION - Properly categorize your article