The use of devices for voice communication, for example, cellular and digital telephone systems.
See the Telephone article for a history of the telephone.
- Audiotex - an automated voice response application that allows users to enter information over the telephone
- Cellular telephone systems - a system of telephone communications organized around a series of fixed site radio transceivers which each operate over a base area
- Centrex telephone systems - an abbreviation of Central Exchange, a telephone switching system where the switching equipment is provided at a central exchange instead of at the customer's premises (such as in a private branch exchange)
- Digital telephone systems - a telephone system which relies on digital, instead of analog, equipment for its switching and monitoring functions
- Telephone switching systems - the different systems used by telephone operators to connect calls from one user to another
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Telephony"
The following 130 pages are in this category, out of 130 total.
Media in category "Telephony"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.