Standardization is one of IEEE's largest and most prominent activities. Governed by the IEEE Standards Association, whose involvement in standards dates back to 1890, and was a founding member of the ANSI (American National Standards Institute) in 1918. IEEE's standards drive the functionality, capabilities and interoperability of a wide range of products and services that transform the way people live, work and communicate. With collaborative thought leaders in more than 160 countries, the IEEE-SA promotes innovation, enable the creation and expansion of international markets and help protect health and public safety.
For a history of IEEE's standardization activity, see History of Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) Standards.
- ANSI standards - Topics relating to the American National Standards Institute
- Code standards - Standards relating to coding, including consistency and best practices
- Communication standards - Standards in the communications industry
- Formal specifications - Mathematic descriptions of hardware or software which maybe be used in a design implementation
- Guidelines - Various guidelines, rules and regulations that relate to standards
- ISO Standards - Topics pertaining to the International Organization for Standardization
- Measurement standards - Standards relating to various aspects of measurement
- Military standards - Standards employed by the military
- Software standards - Standardization issues in developing software
- Standards activities board - Topics related to the IEEE Standards Activities Board
- Standards organizations - Organizations which specialize in standards
- Telecommunication standards - Standards relating to various telecommuncation topics
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
Pages in category "Standardization"
The following 95 pages are in this category, out of 95 total.