Topics that deal with optics as a whole, including color, ray tracing and luminescence
- Brightness - the luminance of a body, separate from its hue or saturation
- Color - the visual perception by humans that derives from different spectrums of light
- Extinction coefficients - parameters that define how strongly a substance absorbs light at a given wavelength
- Four-wave mixing - an intermodulation phenomenon in optical systems whereby interactions between two wavelengths produce two extra wavelengths in a signal
- Luminescence - the emission of light from a substance not resulting from heat
- Optical crosstalk - when two or more optical communication channels interfere with other each other
- Optical design - the design of optical equipment
- Optical distortion - the deviation from rectilinear projection in light transmission
- Optical fiber applications - the uses of fiber optics
- Optical harmonic generation - the process by which photons interacting with a nonlinear material are effectively combined to form new photons with twice as much energy
- Optical losses - light which could have generated power or a signal but is dissipated or distorted
- Optical microscopy - the use of lens to magnify and focus the image of small objects
- Optical mixing - the process by which optical wavelengths mix and transform each other
- Optical polarization - the polarization of certain materials upon the application of light
- Optical pulses - short bursts of visible light
- Optical saturation - a point at which further applications of light produce no effect
- Ray tracing - a technique for generating an image by tracing the path of light through pixels in an image plane and simulating the effects of its encounters with virtual objects
- Whispering gallery modes - where laser light is coupled into a circular waveguide and, with a perfect match between frequency and circumference, creates a resonance
This category has the following 18 subcategories, out of 18 total.
Pages in category "Optics"
The following 20 pages are in this category, out of 20 total.