Electron devices and tubes such as cathode ray tubes, vacuum tubes and electron guns
- Cathode ray tubes - or CRT, a vacuum tube containing an electron gun and a fluorescent screen
- Electron guns - devices which produce an electron beam of a precise kinetic energy, most often used in television sets with cathode ray tube technology
- Electron multipliers - a vacuum tube device which induces secondary emission of electrons through bombardment
- Electron tubes - also known as a vacuum tube, any device which relies on the flow of electrons through a vacuum
- Microelectromechanical systems & devices - or MEMS, the technology of very small mechanincal devices moved by electricity
- Photoelectricity - when electrons are emitted from matter as a consequence of the absorption of electromagnetic radiation of short wavelength
- Photovoltaic cells - or PV cells, cells used to convert solar radiation into direct current electricity
- Quantum computing - the use of quantum mechanical phenomena, such as superposition, to perform operations on data
- Semiconductor devices - devices are electronic components that exploit the semiconductor properties of certain materials in a solid state, as opposed to thermionic devices, which use a gaseous state
- Single electron devices - devices which rely on the controllable transfer of single electrons between small, conducting "islands"
- Thick film devices - devices created through and additive process of deposition of several layers of conductor, resistor, and dielectric layers onto an electrical insulating substrate using a screen-printing process
- Thin film devices - devices which use layers of material ranging from a nanometer to several micrometers in thickness, used often in semiconductors and optical coatings
- Vacuum technology - technology which uses a vacuum to control the flow of electrons
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
Pages in category "Electron devices"
The following 173 pages are in this category, out of 173 total.
Media in category "Electron devices"
This category contains only the following file.