Archives:Is There a Role for the US Government in Technology Development?
IEEE-USA 1996 Technology Policy Council Symposium - "Is There a Role for the US Government in Technology Development?"
June 10th, 1996, Mitretek Systems, McLean, VA
welcoming remarks, Robert S. Powers, Chair, IEEE-USA Technology Policy Council
"Congressional Viewpoints (part 1)", Rep. George E. Brown, Jr., Ranking Minority Member, US House Science Committee
- Erich Bloch, Distinguished Fellow Council on Competitiveness
- Edward Hudgins, Director of Regulatory Studies, The CATO Institute
- Stewart D. Personick, VP, Information Networking Research, Bellcore
- Vinton Cerf, Senior VP, MCI
- Robert Galvin, Chairman of the Executive Board, Motorola
- Anita Jones, Director, Defense Research and Engineering, US Dept. of Defense
- Lionel (Skip) Johns, Associate Director of Technology, Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Neil Munro, staff writer, Washington Technology
- Howard Rosen, executive director, Competitiveness Policy Council
"Congressional Viewpoints (part 2)", Sen. Conrad Burns, Chair, US Senate Commerce Subcommittee of Science, Technology and Space